International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064


Downloads: 133 | Views: 213

Research Paper | Management | Rwanda | Volume 6 Issue 10, October 2017


Effect of Stakeholders Management Practices on Performance of Construction Projects in Rwanda

Theophile Murwanashyaka | Dr. Jaya Shukla [3]


Abstract: The purpose of this research was to examine the effects of the Stakeholders Management practices on performance of construction projects in Rwanda because many international investment and delivery projects still have strikingly poor performance records in terms of economy, environment and public support due to poor stakeholders relationship management. The researcher used of three specific objectives namely, to examine the effect of stakeholders Contract Management practices on performance of Kigali-Gatuna Road Rehabilitation Project, to establish the effect of stakeholders Communication Management practices on performance of Kigali-Gatuna Road Rehabilitation Project and to assess the effect of stakeholders Conflict Management practices on performance of Kigali - Gatuna Road Rehabilitation Project. The researcher reviewed both theoretical and empirical literature on the effect of Stakeholders Management practices on performance of construction projects. The researcher used descriptive research method based on qualitative and quantitative approach in order to get a better analysis of the study. Both primary and secondary sources with their relevant tools like questionnaire and documentary analysis were utilized in order to come up with required data. The data was organized, coded then analyzed using Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS version 23). Regression analysis was used to establish relationship between the two variables. The findings established that stakeholders management had a positive effect on performance of Kigali - Gatuna road rehabilitation project. The results indicated that all variables (contract management practices, Communication Management practices and Conflict management practices) had a positive relationship with project performance and predicted 57.8 % of Kigali - Gatuna Road rehabilitation project performance. The remaining 42.2 % may be explained by other factors beyond this research which may be suggested as further research.


Keywords: Stakeholder management, Contract management, communication management, conflict management, Performance of construction projects


Edition: Volume 6 Issue 10, October 2017,


Pages: 987 - 992


How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link


Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait

Top