Downloads: 135 | Views: 162
Research Paper | Medical Surgical | India | Volume 8 Issue 7, July 2019
A Two Year Study of Liver Trauma and its Management and Outcome in Karad
Dr. Ashok Kshirsagar  | Dr. Neha Chadha
Abstract: Introduction: Liver being the largest solid intra-abdominal organ is one of the most frequently involved in blunt, as well as penetrating abdominal trauma. Blunt hepatic injuries significantly outnumber penetrating injuries. Objective: To determine the incidence of liver injury in all patients with abdominal trauma and whether they were managed conservatively or required operative management and outcome of management. Material and Methods: This study was a two year, single centre, prospective observational study, conducted at Krishna institute of medical sciences and research centre, karad, with prior clearance from Medical Ethics Committee. All patients of trauma of any nature, requiring admission were admitted in the trauma unit. The patients presenting in the emergency department with abdominal or lower chest trauma were clinically assessed and investigated for hepatic injury. Results and Conclusions: The total number of patients with abdominal trauma admitted in Krishna medical college and hospital karad, during period of two years from July 2017 to July 2019, was 316. The total number of patients detected to have traumatic liver injury was 50 (15.82 %). The total number of patients with hepatic injury requiring operative management within 48 hours of admission was thirty (60 %). Whereas the remaining of 20 patients (40 %) were treated with conservative management.
Keywords: blunt trauma abdomen, hemoperitoneum, shock
Edition: Volume 8 Issue 7, July 2019,
Pages: 965 - 968
Similar Articles with Keyword 'blunt trauma abdomen'
Research Paper, Medical Surgical, India, Volume 8 Issue 3, March 2019Pages: 1166 - 1170
Isolated Duodenal Rupture due to Blunt Trauma Abdomen
Dr Sribatsa Kumar Mahapatra  | Dr. Dharbind Kumar Jha
Research Paper, Medical Surgical, India, Volume 4 Issue 8, August 2015Pages: 75 - 77
Our Experience in Blunt Trauma Abdomen
Dr RaviKanth J | Dr S B Gejji | Dr Karthik Reddy C H