International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064

Downloads: 3 | Views: 26 | Weekly Hits: ⮙3 | Monthly Hits: ⮙3

Research Paper | General Surgery | India | Volume 12 Issue 7, July 2023

Assessing the Role of Gallbladder Wall Thickness in Cholecystectomy: Surgical Considerations and Patient Outcomes - A Prospective Study

Dr. Narender Kumar Sharma | Dr. Hanuman Sahay Sharma | Dr R. K. Jenaw

Abstract: Laparoscopic cholecystectomy has become the primary procedure for the majority of patients with benign gallbladder disease. The main objective of this study was to investigate the impact of gallbladder wall thickness on the outcomes of cholecystectomy, along with any associated intra or postoperative complications. This prospective clinical trial was conducted on patients undergoing cholecystectomy, either by open or laparoscopic method, at a single surgical unit in M. B. Govt. Hospital, Udaipur, during the period between January2023 and June2023. Before the cholecystectomy procedure, abdominal sonography was performed on all 50 patients. The surgeon re - confirmed the sonography findings in the operating room. Among the patients with cholecystolithiasis, 27 cases (54 %) underwent a straightforward and normal cholecystectomy, while the remaining 23 cases (46%) encountered difficult cholecystectomy.

Keywords: cholecystectomy, Gall bladder wall thickness, management

Edition: Volume 12 Issue 7, July 2023,

Pages: 1753 - 1757

How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link

Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait