International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064




Downloads: 136 | Views: 223

M.Tech / M.E / PhD Thesis | Medicine Science | Kenya | Volume 9 Issue 4, April 2020 | Rating: 6.7 / 10


Influence of Project Service Outsourcing Strategy on Implementation of Energy Access Projects in Underserved Counties in Kenya

Evans Kituzi Avedi | Dr. Angeline Sabina Mulwa [4] | Dorothy Ndunge Kyalo [6]


Abstract: The objective of this article was to establish the extent to which project service outsourcing strategy influence the implementation of rural energy access projects in underserved counties in Kenya. The unit of analysis was households, commercial centers, schools, hospitals and a sample size of 373 respondents was selected from a target population of 5, 604 respondents in areas where rural electrification has been implemented in underserved counties in Kenya through stratified sampling and purposive sampling techniques. Data was collected from the respondents through questionnaires, interviews and observation. The research outcome depicted that project service outsourcing had significant influence on the implementation of energy access projects in underserved counties in Kenya. The coefficient of determination R2 was 0.064 and it depicted that project service outsourcing explained 6.4 % of variations in implementation of energy access projects in underserved counties in Kenya. The remaining 93.6 % of variations in implementation of energy access projects in underserved counties remained unexplained and were explained by other variables other than project service outsourcing that were not captured in this model. The overall F statistic of F = 6.842 (p < 0.05) was statistically significant at P=0.000<0.05 hence was suitable to measure project service outsourcing. This article found out that while each county has its own priorities and needs, entrepreneurs and energy access companies need to innovate technologies that are more user-friendly and develop models that match the needs of the rural communities.


Keywords: Access to Energy, Project Service Outsourcing, Project Implementation, Rural electrification, Underserved Counties


Edition: Volume 9 Issue 4, April 2020,


Pages: 1686 - 1695


How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link


Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait

Top