International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064


Downloads: 3 | Views: 24 | Weekly Hits: ⮙3 | Monthly Hits: ⮙3

Research Paper | Nursing | India | Volume 12 Issue 9, September 2023


Evaluate the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Prevention and Management of Breast Cancer among Women in Selected Rural Areas at Meerut

Km. Chahat | Neha [459]


Abstract: Background of the Study: Breast cancer remains a worldwide public health dilemma and is currently the most common tumour in the globe. Breast cancer is life threatening diseases in females and the leading cause of mortality among women population. Aim to evaluate the effectiveness of structured teaching program on knowledge regarding prevention and management of breast cancer among women in selected rural areas a Meerut?? Methodology: Evaluative Research study was conducted using quasi experimental research design pre-test post-test design in selected rural areas at Meerut. The total sample size was 30 and data collection was done by using questionnaire method. Result: The result of study shows that the intervention of structured teaching programme on knowledge regarding prevention and management of breast cancer among women was effective. The assessment of knowledge level of knowledge level out of 30 sample in pretest is 23% had average knowledge and 67% had poor knowledge and 10% had good knowledge about breast cancer. The total mean knowledge of the women in pre-test was 9. The result of assessment of the knowledge level out of 30 sample in post-test is 77% had average knowledge 7% had poor knowledge 16% had good knowledge about the breast cancer among women. The total mean knowledge of the student in post knowledge was 14.50. Conclusion: Thus, we can conclude that the finding reveals that the pre score mean of women regarding breast cancer is 9 and post test score mean is 14.50. This findings reveals that there is significant difference between in pre-test and post test score. It concludes that structured teaching programme is an effective tool in enhancing knowledge regarding prevention and management of Breast cancer among women.


Keywords: Evaluate, Effectiveness, Structured Teaching Programme, Knowledge, Prevention, Management, Breast Cancer


Edition: Volume 12 Issue 9, September 2023,


Pages: 1883 - 1888


How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link


Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait

Top