International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064

Downloads: 116 | Views: 165

Research Paper | Medicine Science | Sudan | Volume 3 Issue 11, November 2014

A Correlation of Immunohistochemical and Molecular Detection of Human Papilloma Virussubtypes 16 and 18

Saleh Hussein Bensumaidea | Hussain Gadelkarim Ahmed [8] | Salim Saeed Bafakeer | Mohammed Siddiq Abd-al-Aziz | Fawaz D. Alshammari

Abstract: Background: Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection involved in the development of more than 90 % of cases of cervical cancer. Therefore, the aim of this study was to assess role of IHC for detection of HPV subtypes 16 and 18, as compared to molecular identification. Methodology: A total of 84 cervical cancer tissues that were previously diagnosed as having cervical cancer, were investigated for the presence of HPV subtypes 16 and 18. Both immunohistochemistry and molecular (Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)). Results: In application of molecular (PCR) testing for HPV subtypes 16 and 18; 62/84 (73.8 %) were found positive for HPV subtype 16 and the remaining 22/84 (26.2 %) were negative. On the other hand, on testing the samples for HPV subtype 18; 23/84 (27.4 %) were found positive and the remaining 61/84 (72.6 %) were found negative. Conclusion: Immunohistochemistry using clone K1H8 (anti-HPV) is considerably lower-priced, and has reasonable specificity to be applied in Yemen for screening for HR_HPV.

Keywords: HPV, cervical cancer, Immunohistochemistry, PCR

Edition: Volume 3 Issue 11, November 2014,

Pages: 2487 - 2490

How to Download this Article?

Type Your Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link

Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait