International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064


Downloads: 1 | Views: 113 | Weekly Hits: ⮙1 | Monthly Hits: ⮙1

Research Paper | Obstetrics and Gynecology | India | Volume 12 Issue 3, March 2023


Role of Diagnostic Hysterolaparosopy in Evaluation of Female Infertility

Dr Anusha Nanduri | Dr Keshav G | Dr Himaja V | Dr Vishali P


Abstract: Background: Infertility is a major problem throughout the world. The causes can be multi - factorial, nowadays many couples are seeking medical help for infertility. Diagnostic hystero laparoscopy plays an important role as part of the female infertility workup. Materials and Methods: A retrospective study was done in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of a rural tertiary care hospital, Kuppam, India. All patients who underwent Diagnostic hystero laparoscopy as part of infertility workup between June 2021 and December 2022in the Department Obstetrics and Gynecology were included in the study. Results: A total of 80 patients were included in the study. Out of 80 DHL cases 40% were normal and the remaining 60%cases were abnormal. Tubal abnormalities were most common constituting 22.5% of total cases. Uterine abnormalities were about 12.5% Conclusion: DHL is a very useful diagnostic tool in evaluating female infertility occurring due to structural abnormalities of uterus and fallopian tubes, there by aiding in patients infertility management.


Keywords: Hysteroscopy, Laparoscopy, Infertility


Edition: Volume 12 Issue 3, March 2023,


Pages: 401 - 404


How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link


Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait

Top