International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064




Downloads: 2 | Views: 88 | Weekly Hits: ⮙1 | Monthly Hits: ⮙1

Case Studies | Dentistry | India | Volume 12 Issue 12, December 2023 | Rating: 4.5 / 10


Buccal Decortication a Treatment Option for Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of Mandible

Geeta Singh [2] | Ezhilarasi Sundaram | Reading Well Kharmawlong | Abhigyan Manas


Abstract: Aneurysmal bone cyst (ABC) is an unsual benign cystic, osteolytic lesion involving mainly long bones and rarely facial bones. Jaffeand Lichtenstein (3) first described aneurysmal bone cyst in the year 1950. Fifty percent of ABCs arise in the long bones and 20% in the vertebral column. It accounts for 1.5% of the nonodontogenic, nonepithelial cysts of the mandible (4). ABC occurs three times more commonly in mandible than maxilla. It involves mostly mandibular body, angle and ramus region. It mainly affects adolescent population below 20yrs with no gender predilection. The classic ABC (95%) is a pseudocystic destructive lesion causing cortical perforation with soft tissue invasion with brisk bleeding (welling up of blood) during surgery. The solid variant of ABC constitutes for remaining 5%. It is an incidental radiographic finding mostly asymptomatic sometimes presenting as small swelling. A third intermediate variant has been described having features of both vascular and solid type.


Keywords: Aneurysmal Bone Cyst, Pseudocyst, Sclerotherapy


Edition: Volume 12 Issue 12, December 2023,


Pages: 1915 - 1918



How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link


Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait

Top