International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064

Downloads: 114 | Views: 179

Research Paper | Environmental Science Studies | Indonesia | Volume 7 Issue 9, September 2018

Existence of Plastic Flakes Industries as Samarindas Polluted Solutions

Achmad Rodzali [2] | H. Mat Juri | Sudarlan

Abstract: This research will answer whether the Samarinda plastic's flakes industries able to reduce amount of plastic waste meaningfully. Plastic waste become one of the source of pollution at Samarinda city. Data was collected from 21 industries at Samarinda to ensure linkage and impacted between the amount of plastic waste and production of flakes. A simple linear of correlation and regression method is used to obtain the answer. Samarinda plastic's shreds industries is one way to reduce plastic waste. But the price of plastic's flakes sometimes changed unpredictably and industry's located has to move away suddenly, due to the insistence of the inhabitants around. Those obstacles are considered to interfere with the smoothness of plastic's flakes products. Amount of plastic waste did not always linear with plastic's flakes products. Its result of research of relevance between the amount of plastic waste and flakes product in Samarinda is 60%, while average flakes production was 402, 785 tons for each industry at 2018. Effect of amount of plastic waste toward flakes production was around 36%. The remaining 64% is due to other factors. Those factors are probably such as, sites of industry, raw materials supply, and prices that sometimes fall unexpectedly.

Keywords: correlation, flakes product, plastic waste

Edition: Volume 7 Issue 9, September 2018,

Pages: 238 - 242

How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link

Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait