International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Call for Papers | Fully Refereed | Open Access | Double Blind Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064

Downloads: 149 | Views: 185

Research Paper | Business Management | Indonesia | Volume 6 Issue 10, October 2017

The Influence of LMX, Job Demands, Job Resources and Personal Resources on Work Engagement: Case Studies on PT Evergreen Shipping Agency Indonesia Employee

Didint Dwi Prehantoro S | Musa Hubeis [3] | Farit Mochamad Afendi

Abstract: The indication of the decreasing level of job satisfaction and work engagement on PT Evergreen Shipping Agency Indonesia is level of absenteeism, during 2014-2016 percentage of employee absenteeism below 2014 (21, 56 %) in 2015 (58.89 %), in 2016 (67.66 %), based on these data, employee absenteeism tends to increase each year. This study aims to analyze the influence of Job demands, Job Resources, Personal Resources and LMX quality on work engagement on PT Evergeen Shipping Agency Indonesia, the sample In this study of 159 employees. The data were collected by interview using questionnaires conducted during June 2017. Data analysis used in this research is descriptive analysis and structural equation modeling (SEM) analysis of PLS. The result of the feasibility analysis of the model indicates that in general the model proposed in this study is able to reflect the variable with the indicator. Work engagement in PT Evergreen Shipping Agency Indonesia can be explained by the variability of Job demands, Job resources, personal resources and LMX quality by 58.5 % while the remaining 41.5 % is explained by other variables outside studied. In PT Evergreen Shipping Agency Indonesia showed The quality of LMX, job resources, and personal resources significantly influence of work engagement, this shows that higher the value of it wil increase work engagement of employee, the job demands significant negative correlation this shows the higher job demands will decrease work engagement of employee.

Keywords: Work engagement, job demands, job resources, personal resources, LMX

Edition: Volume 6 Issue 10, October 2017,

Pages: 838 - 844

How to Download this Article?

Type Your Valid Email Address below to Receive the Article PDF Link

Verification Code will appear in 2 Seconds ... Wait