Downloading: Participation of Public Health Students in Community Health Programs (CHPs)
International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
www.ijsr.net | Open Access | Fully Refereed | Peer Reviewed International Journal

ISSN: 2319-7064


Amazon Sale


To prevent Server Overload, Your Article PDF will be Downloaded in Next Seconds

Participation of Public Health Students in Community Health Programs (CHPs)

Mohammed A Elawad, Liga H. M. Salim

Abstract: A descriptive study was conducted on participation of public health students in Community Health Programs (CHPs), Alzaiem Alazhari University, Sudan. The study included 48 students from second class, 43 from third class and 45 from fourth class. They selected by systemic random sampling and interviewed to collect required data using a questionnaire. The proportion of participation in community health services among public health students was 28.7 %. Most of participation (97.3 %) was voluntary while the rest (2.7 %) was remunerative participation. Community services was the main reason of participation 25 (64.1 %) followed by training 13 (33.3 %) and only 1 (2.6 %) was for money. The percentage of participation among second class was 8.3 %, third class 41.9 % and fourth class 37.8 % (X2 = 15.189, P value = 0.001). Participation in community health programs among males was 51.5 % and among females was 21.4 %. The participation of public health students in community health services was so limited and should be encouraged.

Keywords: participation, health, students, services, voluntary, Sudan


Amazon Sale


Top