Research Paper | Nutrition Science | Sudan | Volume 5 Issue 9, September 2016
Changes in Minerals Content of Traditionally fermented Nile-Fish Productin Sudan
Elagba Mohamed, LeelwaAl Hamadani
The effect of fermenting process was evaluated by investigating the changes in minerals content of on the Nile tiger-fish (Hydrocynus spp), fessiekh, the traditional fermented fish product in Sudan. Total minerals content was (48.5g/g) in fresh and (44.7 5g/g) in fermented fish. Significant change (P<0.05) was detected in phosphorous (P), from (41.8g/g) in fresh to (34.6g/g) in fermented fish, constituting (86 % and 77 %) of total minerals, respectively. Mn also decreased from (0.184 0.16g/g) to (0.162 0.17g/g), and Ti decreased from (0.029 0.02g/g) to (0.025 0.04 17g/g). The contents of Ba, Fe, Zn, Al and B increased in fermented fish forming (8.4 %, 4.4 %, 3.8 %, 3.3 % and 1.5 %) of total minerals, respectively, compared to (4.8 %, 2.7 %, 2.5 %, 1.3 % and 1.3 %), respectively, in fresh fish. Although fermenting process lead to slight changes of some mineral contents, the results revealed that fermented fish fessiekh is a rich source of macro and micro-elements for human nutrition and health and the consuming rate of fermented fish should be encouraged.
Keywords: Fermented fish, fessiekh, Hydrocynus, minerals, Sudan
Edition: Volume 5 Issue 9, September 2016
Pages: 1651 - 1654
How to Cite this Article?
Elagba Mohamed, LeelwaAl Hamadani, "Changes in Minerals Content of Traditionally fermented Nile-Fish Productin Sudan", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=ART20161946, Volume 5 Issue 9, September 2016, 1651 - 1654
Enter Your Email Address and Click Download Button
Similar Articles with Keyword 'minerals'
Chemical Analysis of Composite Flour Using Locally Available Coarse Grains
Dr. Rosy Kumari
Studies on the Utilization of Orange Peel Powder in the Development of Food Product
Dr. Rosy Kumari, Nikki Kumari
Mineral Profile of Goats Milk and its Relationship to the Surrounding Environment of El Salam Canal Area, East Suez Canal, Egypt
Donia; G. R.; Marwa; M. Desouky
Evaluation of Nutrients Analysis and Organoleptic Characteristics of Pumpkin Seed Flour Incorporated Flavoured Drink
Geethanjali Santhanam, Saratha Sathappan
Meat Chemical Composition and Content of Macrominerals in Common Carp (Cyprinus Carpio L.) and Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus Mykiss W.), Cultivated in Different Production Systems
Similar Articles with Keyword 'Sudan'
Effect of Feeding Different Levels of Pigeon peal (Cajanus cajan) and Season, on Carcass Characteristics of Nubian Goat Kids
Dr. Omer Massaad Elbashier, Pro. Shadia A. Omer
The Effect of Replacement of Sorghum with Millet on Broilers Performance
Aladeen Ali Mohamed Adam, Omer Massaad Elbashier
Development of Weight Gain Chart for Pregnant Southern Sudanese Mothers in Juba City, University of Bahri - Khartoum, Sudan
Dr. Siham Mohamd Osman Gritly, Dr. Nada Ali Bahafizalla
Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Sudanese Household toward Aflatoxin in Groundnuts Pasted
Shadia Mohamed Idris, Alaa Adam Hamed, Esra Hassan Make, Olaa Ahmed Satti
Assessment of Nutritional Status using Anthropometric Measurements in Relation to Pregnancy Outcome among Southern Sudanese Pregnant Mothers in Juba City, University of Bahri - Khartoum, Sudan
Siham Mohamed Osman Gritly, Dr. Nada Ali Bahafizalla