International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Open Access | Fully Refereed | Peer Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064

Downloads: 106

Research Paper | Medicine Science | Indonesia | Volume 4 Issue 8, August 2015

The Role of Inflammation in the Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Pathogenesis

Amir Azwar, Yusuf Irawan, Patellongi Ilhamjaya, Sinrang Wardihan, Rasyid Nur

Background This study aimed to analyze the role of proinflammatory cytokines TNF and anti-inflammatory IL-10 in the pathogenesis of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Methods This research is an correlative analytical study with validity test, comparing the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF- and anti-inflammatory mediators IL-10 with prostate volume in benign prostatic hyperplasia patients. Result Based on correlation test in BPH patients with prostatitis, prostate volume strongly relates with TNF and IL-10. This showed in the significant value of less than 0.05. So, TNF- and IL-10 has a strong relationship with the size of the prostate volume in BPH patients. There is tendency when the TNF- and IL-10 increased, prostate volume is also increased. Based on the normality data test for prostate volume, obtain result sig = 0.113> 0.05, that mean the data is concomitant with the normal distribution. Then analyzed by linear regression, the results showed that each increase of TNF 1 pg / ml, the prostate volume will also tend to increase by 3.345 ml. The value of R2 at 29.4 % provides that the effect of TNF to the prostate volume is 29.4 %, the remaining (70.6 %) is came from other factors. When the IL 10 increased 1 level, the prostate volume tends to increased by 1.196, the determination coefficient (R2) is 15 % which means that only 15 % of the effect of IL-10 on prostate volume, the remaining 85 % comes from other factors. Conclusion Levels of TNF- and IL-10 have a very strong correlation with the prostate volume in benign prostatic hyperplasia patient. If there is an increased of TNF-, the prostate volume will also increased. Same as IL-10. Inflammatory mediators play a role in the increasing of prostate volume and prostate proliferation cell inflammatory grading. So it can be concluded that chronic inflammation plays a role in the pathogenesis of benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Keywords: benign prostatic hyperplasia, tumor necrosis factor, interleukin-10

Edition: Volume 4 Issue 8, August 2015

Pages: 1675 - 1678

Share this Article

How to Cite this Article?

Amir Azwar, Yusuf Irawan, Patellongi Ilhamjaya, Sinrang Wardihan, Rasyid Nur, "The Role of Inflammation in the Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Pathogenesis", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=SUB157589, Volume 4 Issue 8, August 2015, 1675 - 1678

Enter Your Email Address


Similar Articles with Keyword 'tumor necrosis factor'

Downloads: 105

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Egypt, Volume 4 Issue 2, February 2015

Pages: 1615 - 1619

Urinary Tumor Necrosis Factor-Like Weak Inducer of Apoptosis (TWEAK) As a Marker for Lupus Nephritis Activity

Mohamed Elsayed, Khaled A. Elhefnawy, Anas A. Qassem, Ghada E. Amr

Share this Article

Downloads: 114

Research Paper, Medicine Science, India, Volume 7 Issue 7, July 2018

Pages: 1318 - 1342

Comparative Study of Imaging of Sacroiliitis by CT and MRI-Scan with Power Doppler Ultrasound in Spondyloarthritis

Samikrishnan P, Panchapakesa Rajendran C, Porkodi R

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'benign'

Downloads: 2

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Albania, Volume 4 Issue 3, March 2015

Pages: 2216 - 2218

Operative Treatment of Thyroid Nodules

Lulezim Lekaj, Ardian Dajti, Edmond eliku

Share this Article

Downloads: 99

Case Studies, Medicine Science, India, Volume 3 Issue 10, October 2014

Pages: 1045 - 1047

Peripheral Cemanto-Ossifying Fibroma - A Case Report

Dr. Abhilasha Asthana, Dr. Amit Kumar Singh

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'hyperplasia'

Downloads: 93

Case Studies, Medicine Science, India, Volume 3 Issue 10, October 2014

Pages: 1042 - 1044

Hybrid Verrucous Carcinoma - A Case Report

Dr. Abhilasha Asthana, Dr. Amit Kumar Singh

Share this Article

Downloads: 105

Case Studies, Medicine Science, Saudi Arabia, Volume 4 Issue 5, May 2015

Pages: 1130 - 1133

Unilateral Gingival Enlargement - An Unusual Case Report

MotazAtia, Yosra Ali, YasirYousif

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'tumor'

Downloads: 82

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Indonesia, Volume 4 Issue 12, December 2015

Pages: 1639 - 1644

Up-Regulation of S-Phase Kinase Associated Protein-2 Antisense Induces Cell Growth and Migration Chemotactic Suppression and Apoptosis in a Malignant Oral Burkitts Lymphoma Cells

Supriatno, Sartari Entin Yuletnawati

Share this Article

Downloads: 103

Research Paper, Medicine Science, India, Volume 7 Issue 6, June 2018

Pages: 1256 - 1258

Squamous Cell Carcinoma Complicating Chronic Osteomyelitis: A Retrospective Study

Dr. Nitish Sharma, Dr. Nidhi Sharma

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'necrosis'

Downloads: 113

Case Studies, Medicine Science, India, Volume 4 Issue 5, May 2015

Pages: 3187 - 3190

Marchiafava - Bignami Disease - A Case Report and a Brief Review of Literature

Dr. Vajed Mogal, Dr. Sarfaraz Mohammad, Dr. Amit Rathi, Dr. Kulin Seth

Share this Article

Downloads: 105

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Egypt, Volume 4 Issue 2, February 2015

Pages: 1615 - 1619

Urinary Tumor Necrosis Factor-Like Weak Inducer of Apoptosis (TWEAK) As a Marker for Lupus Nephritis Activity

Mohamed Elsayed, Khaled A. Elhefnawy, Anas A. Qassem, Ghada E. Amr

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'factor'

Downloads: 120

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Spain, Volume 9 Issue 3, March 2020

Pages: 1620 - 1624

Hyperbolic Curves in Medicine and the Earths Magnetic Field

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Gonzalez

Share this Article

Downloads: 1

Research Paper, Medicine Science, Albania, Volume 4 Issue 3, March 2015

Pages: 2210 - 2212

Risk Factors in Heart Attack

Edi Smajlaj, Sabit Brokaj

Share this Article
Top