Research Paper | Pharmacy | Indonesia | Volume 9 Issue 2, February 2020
The Effect of Brand Images and Quality Perceptions against Trustworthiness and the Impact on Purchase Decisions (Study on "KuBim" Energy Drink Consumers in DKI Jakarta)
Kusno Haryanto, Wahono Sumaryono, Iha Haryani Hatta
In recent decades energy drinks have become a daily lifestyle for teenagers and young adults. This is due to demands for the availability of high energy sources that can be quickly used by the body. One of the most well-known energy drink products in Indonesia is "KuBim" which is produced by the well-known herbal medicine company "PT. SM ". In fact, the "KuBim" product has decreased in the domestic market from 2017 to 2018 reaching 20%, the point of view of the decline in "KuBim" sales is to be seen from the consumer's perspective. One of the variables that can be used to see consumers' perceptions of the ups and downs of a product's sales is a purchase decision from consumers about the product. In this study two independent variables were chosen including brand image and perceived quality with the assumption that the independent variables proved to have a positive relationship with trustworthiness and their impact on purchase decisions. This research was conducted in five regions of DKI Jakarta (West Jakarta, East Jakarta, Central Jakarta, North Jakarta and South Jakarta) in August 2019. The sample used was 200 respondents. Data analysis techniques using the Structural Equation Model (SEM), in this case Liserel. The results of the study concluded: 1) Brand Image influences consumer confidence in KuBim products; 2) Quality influences consumer confidence in KuBim products; 3) Brand Image influences the decision of consumers to buy KuBim products; 4) Quality influences the decision of consumers to buy KuBim products; 5) trustworthiness influences the decision of consumers to buy KuBim products; 6) Brand image and quality can explain 86% of the trustworthiness variants, while the remaining 14% are explained by other factors. Brand image, quality and trustworthiness can explain 92% of variants of purchasedecisions while the remaining 8% is explained by other factors; and, 7) There are direct and indirect effects of brand image and quality variables on the decision to buy KuBim products. The indirect effect is through the variable of consumer confidence in Kubim products.
Keywords: Brand Image, Quality Perception, Trustworthiness, Buying Decision, Energy Drink
Edition: Volume 9 Issue 2, February 2020
Pages: 1066 - 1069
How to Cite this Article?
Kusno Haryanto, Wahono Sumaryono, Iha Haryani Hatta, "The Effect of Brand Images and Quality Perceptions against Trustworthiness and the Impact on Purchase Decisions (Study on "KuBim" Energy Drink Consumers in DKI Jakarta)", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=ART20202252, Volume 9 Issue 2, February 2020, 1066 - 1069
46 PDF Views | 49 PDF Downloads