Climate of Organization Communication in Universitas Indonesia Timur
International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
www.ijsr.net | Open Access | Fully Refereed | Peer Reviewed International Journal

ISSN: 2319-7064



Research Paper | Management | Indonesia | Volume 7 Issue 5, May 2018

Climate of Organization Communication in Universitas Indonesia Timur

A. Atrianingsih, Wardah, Kamrin

The climate of organizational communication consists of perceptions of a macro evaluation of communication events, human behavior, employee response to other employees, expectations, personal conflicts, and opportunities for growth in the person. Using the six climatic factors of organizational communication proposed by Wayne R. Pace and Don F. Faules (1994), to see how far the communication conditions in the organization, in this case, is the University of East Indonesia. This research is descriptive research with a qualitative approach. Sampling using purposive snowball sampling technique with the number of 20 informants. Research data obtained through interviews, observation, and documentation. From the research results received the highest score on the organizational climate indicator is the similarity of views will be the achievement of corporate performance with the acquisition of 83 % definite answers from respondents. The lowest index is honesty with only 12 % sure answer from the remaining respondents 88 % is the negative answer. This fact indicates that communication has not run smoothly in this organization. Internal decisions or policies are primarily the choices of the boss. Lecturers and academic staff tend not to be involved in decision making.

Keywords: Communication, Climate Communication, Organizational Communication

Edition: Volume 7 Issue 5, May 2018

Pages: 1368 - 1374

Share this Article

How to Cite this Article?

A. Atrianingsih, Wardah, Kamrin, "Climate of Organization Communication in Universitas Indonesia Timur", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=ART20182538, Volume 7 Issue 5, May 2018, 1368 - 1374

67 PDF Views | 69 PDF Downloads

Download Article PDF



Similar Articles with Keyword 'Communication'

Review Papers, Management, India, Volume 9 Issue 2, February 2020

Pages: 1630 - 1635

A Study on Effectiveness of HR Metrics

Dr. R. Jayanthi

Share this Article

Research Paper, Management, Kenya, Volume 5 Issue 10, October 2016

Pages: 1830 - 1832

Effects of Grievance Handling on Organizational Commitment among National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) Employees, Thika Branch

Loice Kemuma Bichang'a MSc; Gregory Simiyu Namusonge PhD

Share this Article

Research Paper, Management, India, Volume 6 Issue 11, November 2017

Pages: 1474 - 1476

Value Added Services are Buzz of Today's Business

Dr. R. Parvathi, B. Rammya

Share this Article

Case Studies, Management, Indonesia, Volume 3 Issue 11, November 2014

Pages: 2772 - 2775

Result Analysis of Total Quality Management Implementation Using Quality Manual to Achieve Raise on Service Excellence (ROSE) in PT. TLK Indonesia

Khairani Ratnasari Siregar

Share this Article

Research Paper, Management, Kenya, Volume 3 Issue 10, October 2014

Pages: 2458 - 2464

Assessment of Effects of Strategic Partnership on Performance of Mobile Industry in Kenya

Wachira Grace W., Wanyoike Daniel

Share this Article

Similar Articles with Keyword 'Organizational Communication'

Research Paper, Management, Kenya, Volume 4 Issue 7, July 2015

Pages: 2395 - 2399

Meeting the Challenges of Human Resource Management: A Communication Perspective

Peris Saina, James Muya

Share this Article

Research Paper, Management, Indonesia, Volume 7 Issue 5, May 2018

Pages: 1368 - 1374

Climate of Organization Communication in Universitas Indonesia Timur

A. Atrianingsih, Wardah, Kamrin

Share this Article

Research Paper, Management, China, Volume 8 Issue 3, March 2019

Pages: 702 - 709

Organizational Member Use of Social media for Communication

Mourice Lujang Peter, Wu Cisheng, Prof

Share this Article
Top