International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)

International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
Since Year 2012 | Open Access | Double Blind Reviewed

ISSN: 2319-7064




Downloads: 118

Research Paper | Nursing | India | Volume 8 Issue 6, June 2019


A Study on Oral Hygiene among School Children in a Rural Area of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh

Sheuli Sen [5]


Abstract: Introduction: Oral hygiene is defined as a state of being free from chronic mouth and facial pain, oral and throat cancer, oral sores, tooth decay, tooth loss and other diseases and disorders that affect the oral cavity. The objective of the study was to find the knowledge, attitude and practice about oral hygiene among school children. Material and Methods: The study group comprised of 160 students who were in the age group of 12 to 15 years. Study was conducted in a school which comes under the service area of rural health centre. Data was collected and represented by means and frequency. Results: Study showed 53.1 % of students were brushing twice daily and remaining 46.9 % brushed once daily. Majority of the study subjects (92.5 %) were using tooth paste for brushing Conclusion: Finding of current study showed that the knowledge attitude practice about oral hygiene among school children were not satisfactory and had to improve significantly. Community based health promotion for oral hygiene is a must for improving oral health among school children.


Keywords: Oral Hygiene, School Children, Rural Area


Edition: Volume 8 Issue 6, June 2019,


Pages: 1527 - 1529


How to Cite this Article?

Sheuli Sen, "A Study on Oral Hygiene among School Children in a Rural Area of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 8 Issue 6, June 2019, pp. 1527-1529, https://www.ijsr.net/get_abstract.php?paper_id=16021902

How to Share this Article?

Enter Your Email Address




Similar Articles with Keyword 'Oral Hygiene'

Downloads: 1 | Weekly Hits: ⮙1 | Monthly Hits: ⮙1

Research Paper, Nursing, India, Volume 11 Issue 9, September 2022

Pages: 511 - 513

Effectiveness of Chlorhexidine Mouthwash Prophylaxis for Prevention of Ventilator - Associated Pneumonia among Children Receiving Mechanical Ventilation in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at KGMU, Lucknow, U. P.

Sanjay Kumar Sahu

Share this Article

Downloads: 104

Research Paper, Nursing, India, Volume 8 Issue 11, November 2019

Pages: 994 - 998

A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Video Assisted Teaching Program on the Knowledge and Practice of School going Children Related to Oral Hygiene in Selected Government Schools of District Kangra (H.P.)

Shivani Kumari [2]

Share this Article


Top